Friday, May 9, 2008

A Rainy Friday

Been in one of those rainy day kinda moods today - work has been super hectic, traffic has been worse, and haven't had a chance to "play" much lately. Haven't had a chance to read any of my favorite blogs, let alone update mine. So I finally took a little time to myself this afternoon to catch up on some "me" stuff. As I was catching up on some blogs I came across Becky Novacek's and just loved this passage:



"be humble and gentle. be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love." eph 4:2



Seems that so many people around me have been having relationship troubles. I know that in some situations, things just don't end up working out between two people. Whether they pretended to be someone they weren't or they just drifted apart. With Dan and I coming up on our 5 year anniversary I'm so glad we've been one of the lucky couples. Sure we have our ups and downs, but I'm so lucky and so thankful to have him in my life. And to be blessed with having some wonderful relationship role models in my life, especially my parents. I know that I can be a difficult person to live with - and I'm so glad that Dan "makes allowances for my faults - because he loves me". I'm so thankful that he is so patient with me. I love you honey ~ you are my everything.

6 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

What a wonderful post and I love the Bible passage. I'm writing it down right now....it's a great reminder to live by. Hope the sun comes out for you soon.
J
XOXO

mimi said...

I just love this post. Thank you for the reminder not only to be thankful for those who love us inspite of our faults but also for us to love others inspite of theirs. Thanks for your friendship and love
Mimi
xoxoxox

Vicki Chrisman said...

Thats my friend Becky for you ... she's always got great , insightful posts!

deb said...

I love Becky's blog too - love that quote. Have a happy day!

mimi said...

Tag you are it (hehehehe) Check out my blog for all the details :)
I had fun doing this ---Hope you do too. Can't wait to see your 7 things :)
xoxoxoxo
mimi~

Lisa said...

Hi! I just got your comment on my blog & thought I would check you out & noticed you are also in Pittsburgh!! You'll have to email me & let me know where you are, maybe we are close by!?! Thank you for the sweet comments, it's always appreciated!

Lisa (www.onestaraway.com)